2. Overnight Oats and Chia Seeds
Oats are rich in a substance called beta glucan, a type of soluble fibre that dissolves in the water in our gut to help slow the passage of food through our intestines, slowing down digestion and keeping us full. Not only that, the beta glucan in oats has been linked with benefits to our heart health by lowering levels of bad, or LDL cholesterol.
Chia seeds are tiny, nutrient-dense seeds that absorb fluids and swell up, helping to keep us full. They’re packed with antioxidants that support a healthy immune system, gut-heathy fibre and heart-healthy omega 3 fatty acids.
Overnight oats are a simple way of ensuring you have a healthy breakfast, ready to go on a busy morning. They’re easily prepared in the evening, and can be Left in the fridge overnight to soften for a tasty breakfast. Adding chia seeds adds texture and extra nutrients. Use semi skimmed milk or if you’re vegan or dairy-free, use oat milk or high protein almond milk.
• 40g rolled or porridge oats
• 15g chia seeds
• 150ml milk of your choice
• Handful of mixed berries
• Add the oats, chia seeds and milk to a mason jar, mix well, close the lid and leave in the fridge overnight
• Add as many berries as you like and consume straight away, on your commute or once at work
Continue Reading This Article
Comments are closed.